In a few days, many of us will be at Eurocamp18 in England. Others have their own summer adventures either coming up or already done. We're making great use of the summer for Traditional Scouting. With the summer almost half over, it is time to be thinking about the program for the fall and beyond.
The Traditional Scouting Association has a large number of events scheduled for the coming year. We hope you will mark your calendars now and attend. Most of these events are open to members of any Scouting association; please contact us if you would like to attend.
- Sep. 14-16, 2018: Stainsby (Gilwell) Reunion
- All adult members with at least Wood Badge/Beads Part I training are invited to attend this weekend of networking, fellowship, and sharing Scouting ideas.
- Sep. 21-23, 2018: Weekend on the Water
- A weekend of canoeing and kayaking for Explorers and Senior Explorers (ages 11-17).
- Oct. 12-14, 2018: Fall Otteree and Wolforee
- Weekend camps for Otters and Timber Wolves.
- Oct. 19-21, 2018: Rover Moot: Beware the Mania 2018
- Theme: "Under Construction".
- Nov. 23-25, 2018: Golden Arrow Youth Leader Training
- Leadership training for PLs, APLs, etc. (Date tentative.)
- Nov. 30 to Dec. 2, 2018: Wood Beads Part I Training
- This training weekend for new adult volunteers will prepare you for your role as a Scouter.
- Sat., Feb. 23, 2019: Timber Car Races
- All sections are invited to race model cars.
- Sat., Apr. 6, 2019: Annual General Meeting
- Members of the Association will gather to hear reports, elect officers, and vote to set the direction for the next year.
- May 3-5, 2019: Wood Beads Part II Training
- Weekend 1 of 2 of the advance level adult training. Weekend 2 of 2 will be Oct. 25-27, 2019.
- June 7-9, 2019: Provincial Jamboree
- Weekend jamboree for all sections. (Date tentative.)
More information about these will be posted here and on the event listing on Facebook.
Please mark your calendars now!