Posted March 13; updated April 26.
Yesterday, the Government of Ontario closed schools up-to and including April 5, 2020 (this was later extended). As we wrote in our last message, Executive Council has decided that when schools are closed, in-person Scouting stops. I was looking forward to a Scouting trip to New York City for March Break. That is cancelled along with regular meetings. We will continue to monitor the situation. If the situation changes, we will be in touch. You can read our post about Coronavirus / COVID-19.
By Kim Griffiths, BScN, Deputy Commissioner for Rovers
I have taken this initiative to address concerns around the coronavirus / COVID-19. The virus is known to spread in the following ways: