The Canadian Traditional Scouting Association held its Annual General Meeting via teleconference on Saturday, May 2. All adult members had a vote at the meeting.
Rod Smith, National Commissioner, welcomed everyone to the meeting and congratulated everyone on continuing to provide Scouting during this time of isolation. The 2018/19 annual report and financial statements were presented. The report of the auditor was approved.
The meeting made several bylaw and policy changes:
- The new program handbook for the Otter section was approved for implementation starting in September.
- Executive Council was directed to take steps to adopt the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement from Volunteer Canada.
- Groups must report annually the names of the people with signing authority on their bank accounts.
- People elected to Executive Council now take up their positions upon election instead of on the following September 1.
- The bylaws now have a provision to appoint an acting National Commissioner in case of temporary incapacitation.
The following people were elected to Executive Council:
- Rover Representative
- Timothy J. Cowen
- Director for Western Ontario
- Kim Griffiths
- Deputy Commissioner for Crew
- Cayla Cornish
- Joellen Ayala
The formal draft minutes will be available to members once approved by Executive Council.
AGMs will now be held in the fall. The next AGM will be November 28, 2020 in conjunction with the Scouters’ Conference. All adult members are encouraged to attend and have a vote.